Showing 211 resultsArchival description
193 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
- DE 2324 C-PUBS-E-7
Part of EMBL Institutional Publications
- Exodus. Groups of Kai Simons, Tony Hyman, Marino Zerial and Carlos Dotti left EMBL in the beginning of 2001. This issue includes several pictures of farewell party. (see Page 2-3)
- Science and Society at the EBI (see Page 4)
- An A above middle C (see Page 10)
- First EMBL PhD (see Page 7)
- A new voice for the life sciences (see Page 8)
- Addressing the ethical consequences of genome research. Picture of Alan Robinson and Halldór Stefánsson. Written by Sarah Sherwood
- Lab coats and business suits. New start-up biotech companies based out of EMBL: CellZome, Gene Bridges, Electa, Anadys.
- Announcement of welcome-session.
- Taking the senior scientists’ show on the road. First of a series of senior scientist meetings to be held at the other EMBL sites. Written by Russ Hodge
- Bridging the gap between molecules and diseases. Report on minisymposia on Molecular Medicine. entitled “Structural and Bioinformatic Approaches to Disease”
- Consortium pledges to complete Anopheles genome sequence
- Completing the genome(s): a revolution with subtle effects. Written by Peer Bork and Richard Copley
- EMBL awards its first degree. It was obtained by Joep Muijrers Written by Sarah Sherwood and Katrin Weigmann
- Introducing the ELSF: a voice for the Life Sciences in Europe. Interview to Luc Van Dyck (by that time, ELSF Manager) by Russ Hodge. Includes pictures.
- From the sister sciences. Perfect pitch: use it or lose it. Written by Lena Reunis
- The EMBO corner
- From the Szilárd library
- From the Staff Association
- People @ EMBL: New people at EMBL and new Group leaders
- Awards, Honors & Etcetera: Marco Milán was awarded the research prize awarded by the Peter and Traudl Engelhorn-Stiftung.
- False Positives: winners of Medline competition.
[Index kindly prepared by EMBL alumna Patricia Resa-Infante.]