Showing 7 resultsArchival description
1 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
- DE 2324 C-PUBS-E-1
Part of EMBL Institutional Publications
- News about services, staff, science and society: an introduction as to why EMBL &cetera was created.
- EMBL's PhD officially recognised by Baden-Württemburg: the PhD degree granted by EMBL is now accepted like other international PhDs.
- 25th Anniversary EMBL Alumni Meeting: an advertisement for the alumni meeting taking place on October 21-23, 1999 in Heidelberg, DE.
- EMBL Council descends on Rome: the EMBL Council meeting took place in the new Research Programme in Mouse Biology in Monterotondo; the Scientific Programme was approved and the Council voted to approve the financial recommendations; announcement of the Host Site Agreement signed with the Italian government; list of presentations from Walter Witke, Ulrich Kalinke, José de la Pompa, Klaus Rajewsky and Glauco Tocchini-Valentini.
- Photographs: Italy’s President Oscar Luigi Scalfaro (at right) attended ceremonies inaugurating the new campus and the Adriano Buzzati-Traverso campus in Monterotondo, Italy.
- Monterotondo campus opens its doors: Opening of the new EMBL Research Programme in Mouse Biology on 8 March 1999 at the "Adriano Buzzati-Traverso" International Scientific Campus, in Monterotondo, Italy. List of goals, representatives and other campus hosts.
- Photographs: Klaus Rajewsky and Fotis Kafatos at the inaugural reception, and Glauco Tocchini-Valentini.
Pages 4 and 5:
- New faces at the Szilárd Library: Description of improvements for the Szilárd Library. New librarians: David Westley and Regina Herhoff.
- Quote from Mary Holmes referring to the beginning of Szilárd Library.
- Biography of Leó Szilárd.
- Photographs: Librarians Regina Herhoff and David Westley.
- EMBL kids get a new stomping ground.
- Photographs: various views of the new Kinderkrippe and Kindergarten building.
- Science & Society: Announcement of the next Seminar. Speaker: Professor Jürgen Mittelstrass. Title: The Impact of the New Biology on Ethics. Date 19 September 1999.
- ILO decides on salary adjustment for 1995: Claim to EMBL Council to remake the salary adjustment.
- Obituaries: Alexandra Freiburg (1971-09-10/1999-07-14) and Paolo Fasella (1930-12-16/1999-06-11).
- People @ EMBL – New people at EMBL (Jan Ellenberg, Elena Conti, Bettina Böttcher and José Luis de la Pompa)
- In Other News: News about Peer Bork and Iain Mattaj
- Medlines of the Month: contest
[Index kindly prepared by EMBL alumna Patricia Resa-Infante.]
- DE 2324 P-ALB
Al Banchaabouchi, Mumna
- DE 2324 C-OH-21
Part of Oral Histories Programme
This is an interview with Nadia Rosenthal who has been the Head of Mouse Biology Unit at EMBL Monterotondo (Rome) and Senior Scientist at the Developmental Biology Unit at EMBL Heidelberg from 2001 until 2011. In this interview, Nadia Rosenthal describes how she came to the position as Head of the Mouse Biology Unit at EMBL Rome and how she was involved in establishing the Mouse Biology program there. The working conditions at the EMBL in Rome are part of this interview as well as Nadia Rosenthal's contribution in relation to making Australia the first associate member of EMBL.
- DE 2324 C-OH-22
Part of Oral Histories Programme
This is an interview with Alan Sawyer who started to work as a technical assistant at EMBL Heidelberg in 1990 in Thomas Kreis' and Eric Karsenti's group. In this interview, Alan Sawyer describes how he started working in the UK before coming to EMBL, how he developed his methods of producing antibodies at EMBL Heidelberg and how he came to work on microarrays at EMBL after 2001 as well as on one of the Core Facilities after 2008. Furthermore, this interview contains some anecdotes of Alan Sawyer's life in Heidelberg and how he perceives the process of professionalization of EMBL over time.