Showing 193 resultsArchival description
- DE 2324 C-PUBS-E-6
Part of EMBL Institutional Publications
- November Council meeting brings welcome news (see Page 2)
- When Science meets Society (see Page 8)
- On the counting of ballots and other things (see Page 6)
- EMBLEM on the move (see Page 3)
- Council gives EMBL the green light for the five-year Scientific Programme and stepping up Technology Transfer. Written by Sarah Sherwood
- Setting up the biotechnology shop at EMBL. By that time, Gabor Lamm was the Managing Director of EMBLEM GmbH (before PhD student in Angus Lamond’s group). Provides contact details. Picture of Gabor Lamm. Interview by Sarah Sherwood
- An open letter to the bioinformatics community. Letter written by Dr. Sean Eddy, Dr. Ewan Birney about the data access agreement between Science and Celera for the Celera human genome sequence paper and its justification. By that time, Dr Sean Eddy was Alvin Goldfarb Professor of Computational Biology at Howard Hughes Medical Institute (Washington University in St. Louis, USA) and Dr Ewan Birney was Team Leader at Genomic Annotation European Bioinformatics Institute, UK
- From the sister sciences: Observations on the counting of ballots and other things. Written by Russ Hodge.
- The EMBO corner. Written by Frank Gannon
- Announcement of Molecular medicine minisymposium about “Structural and Bioinformatic Approaches to Disease” organized by Christoph W. Müller, Stephen Cusack,Matthias Wilmanns, and Peer Bork. Taking place on EMBL Heidelberg, March 19-21, 2001.
- Paving the way for a new dialogue between science and society. Pictures of Lewis Wolpert and Sheila Jasanoff; Maynard Olson and Beate Weber; and Alastair Kent. Written by Russ Hodge.
- Yes Virginia...there is a Αγιοσ ςασιλισ Written by Sarah Sherwood
- From Genes to Thoughts. Report on First European PhD student Symposium on Neurobiology. Incliudes pictures of the event. Written by Giuseppe Testa
- Who killed Nosey Parker? Report of high school students visited EMBL. Different activities were organize to get them involved in real experiments. Written by Katrin Weigmann
- Putting E-BioSci on the virtual map.
- People @ EMBL – New people at EMBL and new Group leaders
- Awards, Honors & Etcetera: Martina Muckenthaler was awarded the Fondsbroker AG Heidelberg Förderpreis for her contributions to the understanding of the regulation of iron metabolism in cell. EMBL alumnus Ed Hurt, by that time at the Biochemistry Center at the University of Heidelberg, was awarded the Deutsche Forschungs Gemeinschaft’s (DFG) Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Prize.
- False Positives: winners of Medline competition.
[Index kindly prepared by EMBL alumna Patricia Resa-Infante.]
Results 51 to 60 of 193