DE 2324 SEC-D
Heidelberg Site Leasehold Agreements
- 1975 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
EMBL Council Secretariat (1974/)
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This subfonds contains documents pertaining to the use of the site of EMBL Heidelberg, in particular lease hold agreements (Erbbaurechtsverträge) and associated correspondence. Some documents are original, while others are copies.
- 1975: Letter from the Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe (Regional Council in Karlsruhe), dated 1975-08-04 [copy]
This letter confirms that, in the first instance, an area of 3 hectares of the Heidelberg municipal forest will be cleared for the building of EMBL. This has been agreed with the Forestry Department of Heidelberg (Forstamt Heidelberg).
- 1976: Leasehold agreement between the city of Heidelberg and EMBL, dated 1976-07-06 [copy]
Initial leasehold agreement, referring to an area of 3 hectares (2006/33) for the duration of 99 years.
- 1978: Leasehold agreement between the city of Heidelberg and EMBL, dated 1978-10-13 [copy]
Leasehold agreement, referring to an area of 6270 m^2 (2006/35) for the duration of 99 years.
- 1991/1992: Correspondence and plan about the areas 26007/33, -/35 and /-34 [copies]
Letters between Konrad Müller and Herr Weidenheimer at the Amt für Stadterneuerung und Liegenschaften(Heidelberg Department for Urban Planning and Property) discussing changes to the leasehold agreements. The plan refers to two areas renegotiated in 1987.
- 2000: Fax on headed paper from the city of Heidelberg to the Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe (Regional Council in Karlsruhe) regarding the NATURA 2000 consultation, dated 2000-07-28
The fax explains that, from the point of view of Heidelberg, the area leased to EMBL should be excluded from the NATURA 2000 nature protection areas, but suggests finding an alternative area to protect accordingly.
- 2002/2003: Leasehold modification and agreement between the city of Heidelberg and EMBL, dated 2002-12-12, and power of attorney, dated 2003-04-25
Leasehold modification and agreement, referring to the area 2006/35, lasting until 2078-03-31, and the associated letter of power of attorney.
- 2003: Correspondence regarding rent and interest
Letters between the Ministerium für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg and EMBL regarding the payment of rent and interest following the modifications to the leasehold agreement in 2002.
- 2004/2005: Leasehold agreement between the city of Heidelberg and EMBL, dated 2004-10-19, power of attorney and confirmation
Leasehold agreement, referring to an area of 19372 m^2 (2007/42).
- 2010/2011: Leasehold agreement between the city of Heidelberg and EMBL, dated 2011-02-07, and some associated correspondence [some copies]
Leasehold agreement, referring to using part of the area 26007/33 for the purposes of operating a daycare center.
- 2012: Urban Development Contract (Städtebaulicher Vertrag) with plans and cost estimates, dated 2012-12-13. [2 copies]
This document is a master plan for the developments of EMBL campus. One of the plans also includes the Max Plank Institute, which his also mentioned in the cover letter. The contract is signed by Iain Mattaj and Eckhart Würzner, Mayor of Heidelberg.
- 2014: Development Contract (Erschließungsvertrag) with plan, dated 2014-06-06
This document refers to, specifically, to the sewage system (Abwasserkanalisation) and is signed by Iain Mattaj and Eckhart Würzner, Mayor of Heidelberg.
- 2018: Two leasehold modifications and agreements between the city of Heidelberg and EMBL, dated 2018-05-23 [copies]
These two leasehold modification agreements, refer to the areas expanding towards Bierhelderhof 1.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
These documents have been organized into files and sorted chronologically based on the date of the document referring to land use (not based on eventual correspondence associated with this documents). Sometimes, documents spanning several years have been grouped together in a single file, because they refer to the same case.
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
The documents contained in this subfonds are only accessible to EMBL staff for operational purposes.
Conditions governing reproduction
No reproductions are allowed other than for internal use by EMBL staff.