DE 2324 C-PUBS-E-4
EMBL &cetera (September 2000)
- 2000 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
16 printed pages
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
- Developing a new dialogue: EMBL/EMBO sponsor major Conference on Science and Society (see Page 2)
- EMBL's Scientific Programme 2001-2005 presented to Council (see Page 4)
- from genes to thoughts (see Page 16)
- Philippe Busquin (see Page 12)
- Picture of Philippe Busquin
- Science & society: Developing a new dialogue: EMBL and EMBO have organized a conference for November 19-12, 2000 to talk about the urgent need to improve the communication between science and society. The conference included biologists, educators, science communicators, and government representatives.
- Picture of Julian Kinderlerer and Jens Reich.
- Science Citation Index available on a trial basis: announcement that EMBL is offering this service.
- Planning EMBL’s future: final proposal of Scientific Programme and Indicative Scheme for 2001-2005 presented to Council. Additionally they will arise ILO cases, Pension scheme and Salary Adjustments.
- A European research identity: Interview by Russ Hodge of Philippe Busquin who was Commissioner for Research of the European Commission.
- Pictures of Philippe Busquin
- The EMBL Annual Report and Research Reports for 1999: Announcement that it is available upon demand.
- From genes to thoughts: Interview by Katrin Weigmann to EMBL PhD students who organized a neurobiology conference. These are Michi Hannus, Freddy Frischknecht, Giuseppe Testa and Valentina Greco. Photograph of organizers.
[Index kindly prepared by EMBL alumna Patricia Resa-Infante.]
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Digital object metadata
August 10, 2017 6:06 AM