DE 2324 C-PUBS-E-1
EMBL &cetera (July 1999)
- 1999 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
8 printed pages
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
- News about services, staff, science and society: an introduction as to why EMBL &cetera was created.
- EMBL's PhD officialy recognised by Baden-Wurttemburg: the Phd degree granted by EMBL is now accepted like other international PhDs.
- 25th Anniversary EMBL Alumni Meeting: an advertisement for the alumni meeting taking place on October 21-23, 1999 in Heidelberg, DE.
- EMBL Council descends on Rome: the EMBL Council meeting took place in the new Research Programme in Mouse Biology in Monterotondo; the Scientific Programme was approved and the Council voted to approve the financial recommendations; announcement of the Host Site Agreement signed with the Italian government; list of presentations from Walter Witke, Ulrich Kalinke, José de la Pompa, Klaus Rajewsky and Glauco Tocchini-Valentini.
- Photographs: Italy’s President Oscar Luigi Scalfaro (at right) attended ceremonies inaugurating the new campus and the Adriano Buzzati-Traverso campus in Monterotondo, Italy.
- Monterotondo campus opens its doors: Opening of the new EMBL Research Programme in Mouse Biology on 8 March 1999 at the "Adriano Buzzati-Traverso" International Scientific Campus, in Monterotondo, Italy. List of goals, representatives and other campus hosts.
- Photographs: Klaus Rajewsky and Fotis Kafatos at the inaugural reception, and Glauco Tocchini-Valentini.
Pages 4 and 5:
- New faces at the Szilard Library: Description of improvements for the Szilard Library. New librarians: David Westley and Regina Herhoff.
- Quote from Mary Holmes referring to the beginning of Szilard Library.
- Biography of Leó Szilárd.
- Photographs: Librarians Regina Herhoff and David Westley.
- EMBL kids get a new stomping ground.
- Photogaphs: various views of the new Kinderkrippe and Kindergarten building.
- Science & Society: Announcement of the next Seminar. Speaker: Professor Jürgen Mittelstrass. Title: The Impact of the New Biology on Ethics. Date 19 September 1999.
- ILO decides on salary adjustment for 1995: Claim to EMBL Council to remake the salary adjustment.
- Obituaries: Alexandra Freiburg (1971-09-10/1999-07-14) and Paolo Fasella (1930-12-16/1999-06-11).
- People @ EMBL – New people at EMBL (Jan Ellenberg, Elena Conti, Bettina Böttcher and José Luis de la Pompa)
- In Other News: News about Peer Bork and Iain Mattaj
- Medlines of the Month: contest
[Index kindly prepared by EMBL alumna Patricia Resa-Infante.]
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Subject access points
Name access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Digital object metadata
August 10, 2017 5:11 AM